Want to try kiteboarding? Check out our amazing kiteboarding beginner package!
|Want a thrilling day out?|
Discover kite surfing for beginners, have fun and complete stages of the full IKO course. You can take this course at any of our locations, including our Hua Hin, Phuket, or Koh Phangan kitesurf centers!
|Who’s it for|
Simply the best way to discover Kitesurfing! Our kiteboarding for beginners package is for people who want to learn what kitesurfing is about and get a taste for kite flying. This course is also part of the 3-day intermediate course.
The first part of this kite surfing for beginners program will take you through the steps of setting up and flying a trainer kite with trainer lines. You will gain an understanding of the wind window, so you will know where you can and cannot fly the kite in relation to where your standing and the wind direction. Inside this window are the “power zones”, you will learn where they are and when to use them.
Selecting the right spot for kiteboarding and kite flying with the associated hazards in mind is important.
The weather, how to predict it and how it can change in different parts of the world allows you to plan kiteboarding trips and keeps you aware of potentially dangerous weather situations. Knowledge of tides is important as the water can move in and out during the day, rips or underwater currents can be a factor on some coastlines.
The kite comes with safety systems. It’s a must to understand how to deploy these in different circumstances and how to check they are working before launch.
|Kitesurf Lesson duration:|
Teaching time (1 on 1 instruction): 2 Hrs
Teaching time (2 students per instructor): 3 Hrs
Grab your trainer kite and get on the water at our Hua Hin, Phuket, or Koh Phangan kitesurf center!
|Kitesurf Discovery Course Contents (IKO)|
IKO – international kite organisation
Level 1A – Beach Selection
- Know safe wind directions and conditions for kiting
- Know hazards on a spot
- Set up a trainer kite
- Know the use of safety systems
- Carry and handle the kite properly
Level 1B – Basic Piloting
- Have basic flying skills with trainer kite
- Launch and land the trainer kite with an assistant
- Twist and untwist the lines while flying the kite
- Walk and change directions while flying the kite
- Know the wind window
Level 1C – Control Systems
- Set-up a 4/5 line kite with a full de-power system
- Pre-flight check of equipment and settings
- In flight check of equipment and settings
- Pull quick release and activate leash
- Understand and use the international communication signals
- Launch and land the kite to an assistant and as an assistant (4/5-line de-power kite)
Level 1D – Power Control
- Control the kite hooked into the harness
- Understand the de-power system and can use the safety systems
- Advanced flying skills with the de-power kite
- Show full control of de-power systems in flight
Level 1E – Self Landing
- Self land
- Recover the bar and kite