Our kiteboarding lessons for beginners available for the best kitesurf experience in Koh Phangan, Hua Hin, Phuket, and more!
|Get Board Riding!|
Our 5-day IKO course will take you from kiteboarding lessons for beginners to board riding with confidence in safety. This course is available at all of our locations, so you can learn how to kitesurf in Hua Hin, Phuket, Koh Phangan, and more!
Price match across Kite Thailand centers
|Who’s it for|
This course is for people who want to learn how to kitesurf in a way that will give them all the skills and knowledge for body dragging. The last day focus is on the water start, there’s nothing like your first board ride!
The first part of the 3-day kitesurfing course, you will learn how to walk to and from the water with the kite flying. You will then learn how to re-launch the kite from the water surface. We wil provide you with the best beginner kiteboarding kite for this course.
The next part is very exciting as you will feel the power of the kite as it drags you through the water. Once you have these flying skills in the water, it’s time to practice self-rescue techniques and a complete pack down.
Body dragging upwind will give you the ability to pick up a board which is upwind of your position. Next, you will learn the theory behind the water start.
And now the point you have been working towards, “its time to put a board on your feet!” And set up for a water start.
Teaching time (1 on 1 instruction): 10 Hrs
Teaching time (2 students per instructor): 13 Hrs
You’ll be on the water in no time with our incredible instructors teaching you how to kitesurf, equipped with the best beginner kiteboarding kite
|Intermediate Kitesurfing Course Contents (IKO)|
IKO – international kite organisation
Level 2F – Downwind Drag
- Enter and exit the water independently and safely while controlling the kite
- Water re-launch the kite
- Body drag downwind
- Maintain correct kite position in the wind window
- Change direction to the left and right while body dragging
- Self-rescue and full pack-down in deep water
Level 2G – Upwind Drag
- Upwind body drag to recover board
- Upwind body drag holding the board with one hand
- Enter and exit at the same point while upwind body dragging
Level 2H – Steady Pull
- Know the power stroke for a water start
- Know the safety rules and theory for water start
- Can put the board on the feet and maintain the correct position for water start
Level 2I – Waterstart
- Water starts in both directions and ride a short distance
- Come to a controlled stop
- Understand weather forecast, tidal- and wind effects
- Determine the wind strength, direction, and quality
- Know the right of way rules
- Know equipment set up and choice according to the weather conditions